ICDefenseJobs The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State
Careers at the Applied Research Laboratory at the Pennsylvania State University
The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State is an integral part of one of the leading research universities in the nation and serves as a University Center of Excellence in Defense science, systems, and technologies with a focus in naval missions and related areas. As a DoD-designated, U.S. Navy UARC (University Affiliated Research Center), ARL maintains a long-term strategic relationship with the U.S. Navy and provides support for other services. We are searching for a Computational Scientist to join our Computational Methods Development Department.
Employment at ARL includes many benefits and rewards, including:
• Professional Development/Promotion within faculty ranks
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• 75% Tuition Discount for you and your family
• Safe and Diverse Community
• College Sporting Event Mecca
• World-Class Entertainment Facilities and Events
• Cultural Events
• Good Public Education System
• Activities for All Stages of your Life
What YOU Will Do…
You will perform physics-based code development, verification, and validation in new and existing business areas, including overset grid methods, unstructured and adaptive grid algorithms, multiphase flows, vehicle maneuvering, fluid-structure interaction, ship hydrodynamics, and turbo-machinery while you mature and develop business relationships and programs with other ARL offices, industry, and government and pursue new relationships with academic departments on campus. We also want you to contribute to the development of state-of-the-art DES/LES and fluid-structure interaction codes.
What YOU Need to be Successful…
Education: Your faculty rank will be commensurate with education level and experience. Minimum requirements include a PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Science and Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Mechanics, or another related field.
• Knowledge of commercial codes, especially StarCCM+
• Familiarity with Pointwise and post-processing tools
• Strong skills in C++, version control systems, and parallel programming
• Command line Linux high performance computing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
You will be subject to a government security investigation and you must be a U.S. citizen to apply. Employment with the Applied Research Laboratory will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. This is a one-year, fixed-term renewable appointment.
ICSearchAssist ICSASKITT ICSAUSAMA ICJBMeta
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://apptrkr.com/1044846 →