Information System Security Officer (ISSO) 88225BR
This job opportunity is for the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) position at Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), Dulles, VA facility. The ISSO is responsible for the execution of the Information Assurance program at the Dulles facilities as stipulated by various USG requirements documents including (but not limited to): NISPOM, DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and associated NIST documents.The selected candidate will be responsible for day to day effective execution of the Information Assurance program to include (but not limited to):
– Performance of Risk Management Framework (RMF) steps execution (includes generation of documentation, controls compliance testing, and continuous monitoring/controls validation activities.)
– Information Assurance (IA) sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.)
– Information system Self Inspection, Auditing, and Continuous Monitoring
– Interfacing with Internal/External Customers: DSS, other customers, Program Managers/Directors, IT, etc.
– IA Training and Awareness
– Incident response, investigation, and resolution
– Development, maintenance, and execution of effective, well written, and customer compliant IA policies and procedures
The ideal candidate possesses strong written and oral communications skills, technical knowledge, exemplary customer service skills, strong time management skills, the ability to creatively find solutions to complex challenges, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
This position will report directly to the Eastern Region Information Assurance Manager (IAM) for Raytheon IIS.
NOTE: This position can be an A02 or A03, based on education, experience and skillset. This position will be focused on DoD systems and the candidate will need a SECRET clearance to start (MUST POSSESS). However, due to the portfolio at the Dulles campus, the candidate will be required to obtain TS/SCI accesses and successfully complete a polygraph examination after they are hired.
– US Citizen with a current SECRET clearance
– 2-4 years of experience in Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering, or IT Systems Administration
– Familiarity with the development of System Security Plans (SSPs) and/or supporting Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation
– Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems, both stand alone and LAN/WAN configurations
– Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX, and Linux)
– Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
– Must be able to work individually, as well as part of a team.
– Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio, etc.)
– Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations (briefings).
– Must have the ability to effectively manage one’s time and be able to prioritize assigned tasks.
– Must be willing and able to travel to other locations to provide surge support; up to 5% of work schedule
– Prior ISSO/Information Assurance Officer (IAO) or alternate ISSO/IAO experience or System Administration experience
– In-depth knowledge of NIST special publications, CNSS policies and instructions, and other requirements documents associated with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
– Experience with Xacta IA Manager
– Experience with various information system security assessment/hardening tools – WASSP, DISA Gold Disk, SECSCN, DISA SRR, Retina, etc.
– Working knowledge of Wide-Area and Local Area Networks (WAN/LAN), to include Cisco-based routers, switches, and firewalls
– Experience with computer forensic tools and investigation methodologies
DoD 8570.01-M compliant Professional Certification (e.g. Security +, CAP, CISSP, GSEC, etc.)
Required Education (including Major):
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or related field of study.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Relocation Eligible – No
Clearance Type =- Secret – Current
Expertise – Security, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job – Full Time
Work Location – VA – Dulles
JBRaytheon // JBICCONX