Leidos is currently seeking Human Geographer Analysts for positions in Springfield, VA, and St. Louis, MO.
The Human Geographer- Analyst will serve as a regional subject matter expert on issues related to human geography, socio-cultural analysis, and geospatial analysis in support of the Intelligence Community (IC). Specifically, the Human Geographer – Analyst will leverage their advanced knowledge and experience with digital cartography, computer technology, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Cartographic and Geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats to extract relevant information and develop geospatial intelligence reports and products for the customer. Human Geographers focus on patterns and processes that shape human interaction with the built and natural environments. The successful candidate will be a member of an integrated government-contractor team providing direct support to U.S. National Security objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree and 4-8 years of experience
• Demonstrated MS Office, data mining and graphic design skills.
• Experience creating visual aids (graphs, charts, etc) and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of GoogleEarth and ESRI/ArcGIS Suite including ArcMap and ArcCatalog.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated customer support skills.
• Each Analyst must have at least two of the following skills:
• Ability to research information on either the open web or classified databases.
• Proficiency in reading one or more of the following foreign languages: Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, French, Hebrew, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Pashto, Russian, Spanish Thai, or Uzbek.
• Intermediate GIS ability
• Experience working intelligence issues within an IC or DoD organization
• Knowledge of human aspects of regional issues
• Advanced GIS ability
• Experience in imagery analysis and the use of ELT software
• Experience with cross-platform intelligence research tools
• Expertise and experience in geography, cartography, and GIS which includes skills in ArcGIS applications.
• Ability to utilize geographic names information from the GNDB.
• Familiarity with standard map and imagery products.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/fyIwy →