ICDefenseJobs.com Mission Essential
Mission Essential seeks:
This position is contingent upon contract award
Mission Essential seeks Linguists to support our Global Mission Solutions unit supporting language programs within the Intelligence Community. The Mission Essential Linguists will:
• Accurately translate a wide variety of complex texts from the target language into English. These texts may contain difficult, idiomatic, scientific, and colloquial writing.
• Accurately capture cultural subtleties, nuance, and emphasis. A level of cultural mastery is required for the translator to capture socio-cultural essentials embedded in text to include political, religious, historic, and ethnic elements.
• Identify and flawlessly summarize all pertinent factual information and abstract concepts, recognizing the significance of complex expressions, such as colloquial text or technical terminology.
• Triage documentation to isolate the full-range of information that is of importance to the task at hand; master the use of, and assist in the development of, reference materials.
• Review audio/video material and write/transcribe information with a high-degree of accuracy and expression; have an excellent understanding of one or more regional dialects.
• Interpret virtually all levels of target language, including complex or highly idiomatic speech with a very high degree of accuracy.
REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
• Must have active Top Secret/SCI security clearance with polygraph – Full Scope has priority
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Verifiable fluency (ILR 5/5 or better) in target language
• Operational overseas experience
• Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible to changing requirements
• Excellent communication, organization, writing, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent command in terms of comprehension of one or more dialects and be able to successfully capture expressions specific to a culture, and all subtleties and nuances appropriately.
• 5+ years of interpretation or translation experience
• Demonstrated ability to write and speak in clear and concise manner with proper grammar and punctuation in specified language
• Written and oral fluency in English
• Ability to discern information of value for the mission and write an abstract in a succinct, understandable format in English
• Verifiable proficiency with computers, Microsoft Word, and the Internet
• Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, political science, international affairs, history or a related field.
• Demonstrated operational experience in a HUMINT discipline
• Overseas experience with substantive knowledge of various intelligence/information gathering operations
• Experience working as a linguist
• In-depth knowledge of Middle Eastern or East African affairs, media, and cultural specific nuances
• Ability to use critical thinking/analytic skills to process large amounts of information, detecting important factors and elements
Domestic and international travel as required
ICJBMeta JBMission Essential // SKLNG