Network Architect – Lackland, AFB San Antonio, TX – TS/SCI
SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that’s has supported Federal Government’s IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
SMS is seeking a Network Architect at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX.
- Support the development and maintenance of policies and procedures (including instructions), for the installation, operation, backup, data recovery, configuration, administration, hardening, system maintenance, and troubleshooting of servers used for the network DMZ portion of systems. These servers perform logical subnetwork that contains and exposes an organization’s external-facing services to a larger and untrusted network.
- Assist in Architecting/Designing/Implementing/Testing and Supporting network architecture.
- Optimize network configurations for network services (DNS, web proxy, update servers [WSUS/Red Hat], secure shell, etc.) and network appliances (firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems).
- Analyze and specify network architecture to include registry, discovery and connection to network-centric services, prototyping network configurations solutions to include virtual private networks, cryptographic tunneling, and integration of cross-domain solutions.
- Responsible for the development of technical development strategies focused on the network engineering aspects of the weapon system, analysis of alternatives for networking solutions, and assisting in military utility assessments.
- Review and analyze computer networks, security features of computer networks, critical hardware/software interfaces for network communications.
- Assist in site surveys, installations and upgrading/restoring system networking equipment.
- Provide support for requirements analysis, design, and implementation of new functionality called for by engineering change proposals.
- Travel required 10-15% per year.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience, including work on large, complex programs
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, or business or two additional years of experience in place of an advanced degree
- Strong communication skills
- CCNA or CCNP certification
- Department of Defense, TS/SCI clearance required.
- Ability to establish and maintain a complex assessment and evaluation network architecture.
- Working knowledge of larger networks and AF Gateways and DoD GiG.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio to be able to document rack elevations and logical and physical layout of network infrastructures.
Submit your resume today!
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBSMS // JBICCONX
SKACX SKCYX SKINX SKLNX SKLOX SKPPX SKSWX CLZSX CLZTX CLZFX CLZCX