Our facility in Dulles, VA is a modern campus that offers an on-site cafeteria, large gym, as well as convenient access to a host of amenities in the Virginia/DC/Maryland metropolitan area and proximity to outdoor recreation in Shenandoah National Park and George Washington National Forest. Additionally, we offer employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, paternity leave, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedule – just to name a few.
Raytheon is seeking a Cyber Security Chief Engineer to support a country-focused campaign of new and existing programs as well as customer shaping and pursuits for international cyber protection systems. The Chief Engineer is the primary technical interface to the customer. The Chief Engineer also plans, organizes, and administers technical reviews; evaluates the work of staff through subordinate levels of supervision; provides policy guidance to staff; coordinates engineering designs and builds; monitors the day-to-day operations; provides suggestions for all major technical decisions and designs; and represents engineering on the management team.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for meeting all technical requirements on the program acting as the product owner, and is responsible for the overall technical solution. This role will participate in both the development and the support phase of the effort.
Responsibilities and scope also include:
- Support the Business Development Team by providing briefings of products and solutions to the customer, interpreting their requirements and developing solutions
- Communicate and coordinate with the back office to ensure that customer requirements are properly captured
- Oversee the development of the technical solution through the mandated processes
- Coordinate closely with the Program Engineer
- Coordinate closely with the Technical Director for International Business
- Develop the technical vision and strategies of the program
- Provide project technical leadership and coordination
- Participate in program readiness and design reviews
- Attend technical and programmatic meetings with customers, system users, development team members and represent the organization in matters pertaining to the project
- Serve as Chair of the Engineering Review Board to ensure proper technical review of Engineering Change Requests
- Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a fast-paced, highly visible setting working in dynamic environments requiring ability to assess and prioritize tasks, managing time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with limited oversight
- Willingness to travel to Oman on average 10 days per month
- Minimum of 10 years technical experience delivering and developing large complex programs with COTS and/or Free and Open Source Software integration focusing on cyber Security Engineering for a min of 5 years
- Strong Cyber Background: Hands on experience with one or more industry standard Cyber Security tools (e.g. SEIMs, DLP, networking solutions, Pen Testing Tools, Malware Tools, Forensics Tools, etc.) and providing recommendations on implementation approach and techniques during the design phase of new countermeasures and capabilities.
- Strong Systems Engineering: Architecture development, and software development experience applying technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques in solving problems.
- Experience in technical and process document reviews and the resolution of systems engineering and integration issues. Demonstrated ability to conduct analysis to formulate solutions through structured problem solving techniques (such as Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) or Trade Studies).
- Strong understanding of security design and architecture: Technical background in design, development, test and integration and fielding of large scale systems, networking technologies.
- Test engineering of complex systems of systems (SOS) utilizing a high assortment of COTS software and hardware products with custom software configuration items
- Requirements/architecture development leading to a technical baseline for implementation
- Experience in planning, tracking, and the completion of assigned project/program milestones
- Ability to lead technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel, and represent the organization in matters pertaining to his/her functional area
- Experience in the development and review of proposals and Engineering Change Requests including bidding and Basis of Estimate development
- Strong Network Engineering: Network design and implementation of various technologies such as: virtualization, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Active Directory, DNSs, firewalls, , storage, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) in multiple platforms (Windows and Linux)
- Leadership and Communication:
- Demonstrated leadership experience running multiple teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills; establishing and maintaining working relationships with all levels of customer organizations, customers, users, peer groups, associate contractors, and vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills to customers and/or senior leadership
- Experience working in the Middle East – prior internationally experience
- DevOps experience including IT Infrastructure and SW development using Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
- Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Holding at least one (1) industry-standard information security technical advanced certification in forensics or auditing (I i.e. ISACA or GIAC) OR at least one (1) industry-standard information security management certification (i.e., ISC2, ISACA, GIAC)
- Team building and motivational skills
- Spoken Arabic
B.S./B.A. or higher in Aerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math and 10 years relevant work experience.
Clearance Type: None
We Secure Every Side of Cyber
When everything is connected, security is everything. That’s why Raytheon delivers solutions that protect every side of cyber for government agencies, businesses and nations. Protecting the most critical information, systems and operations with breakthrough solutions — to make the world a safer place. For everything cyber, click here: https://www.raytheon.com/cyber/every-side/
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Engineering Technology, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.raytheon.com/job/-/-/4679/6021922 →