What’s YOUR mission?
We are one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our suppliers are an important and valued part of that global team. Welcome to the mission.
From design, delivery and whole-life support, Raytheon offers integrated, agile and collaborative
supply chain partnering built on our extensive domain expertise, effective supplier relations, timely
response to market needs and reliable and affordable solutions. Our unique strategic sourcing program and early interaction with suppliers results in integrated risk mitigation strategies. Raytheon’s Engineering, Finance, Quality and program teams along with Operations staff members work hand-in-hand with Supply Chain Management.
Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) is seeking a Director of Civil Engineering responsible for Construction Management (CM). The position will be located in Tewksbury or Woburn, MA and will support and partner with one or more Business Units in the pursuit, bid, capture and execution of multiple programs. The successful candidate will be experienced in design & engineering, subcontract procurement and administration, and CM of technical facilities and infrastructure for both commercial and federal projects located in domestic and international markets. A profound ability to influence and guide executive leadership to the right decision balancing business risks and technical challenges is expected. The successful candidate must be able to operate with minimal oversight, have excellent communications and customer relations skills, and work collaboratively in very diverse teams in a highly competitive, fast-paced and complex environment. The position will be responsible for all aspects of design and construction performance for a defined portfolio of work that ranges in size and complexity.
This position reports to the IDS Vice President of ISC and is a member of the ISC leadership team. As a member of the Leadership Team, the individual will lead CM strategies, represent the CM function and forge competitive tactics that support IDS’ financial and business objectives and operate within the Strategic Sourcing structure within ISC.
This position is responsible for the development and execution of projects with design & engineering, and construction content consistent with and in support of CM best practices and processes, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), strategies and Program Management objectives. Primary duties and skills are:
- Act as CM expert and valued resource working collaboratively with assigned teams to increase Probability of Go (PGO) and Price-To-Win (PTW) metrics and increase returns of invested capital
- Provide professional expertise and knowledge in all aspects of design and construction
- Leverage and foster industry contacts and resources globally to increase capabilities and capacities of IDS’ civil works function
- Lead internal and external design and construction resources in the proposal, development and execution phases of construction related programs
- Analyze and determine best design and CM business models, organizational structures and subcontracting strategies pertinent to the unique challenges of each project
- Identify, analyze and deploy mitigation measures for program risks and opportunities
- Develop technically compliant and cost competitive infrastructure designs to support electronic systems architecture and design parameters working collaboratively with Raytheon (RTN) system engineers and program leadership
- Execute facility design and construction projects within established budgets, schedules and quality objectives
- Utilize best management practices to maintain control of project risks and to promote the highest probability of project success
- Promote knowledge sharing across the enterprise
- Lead value engineering efforts to achieve best costs through alternative construction means and methods
- Prepare presentations and present various civil works project briefings to top RTN executives and customers as necessary
- Provide leadership and direction to Contracts and Supply Chain Management in contract negotiations with subcontractors and customers
- Provide professional experience and direction to Supply Chain Management to monitor subcontractor’s performance and insure robust change management and claims avoidance practices are consistently utilized
Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture, welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth, as well as superior benefits including Holiday time, Paid time off (PTO), Flexible Schedules (9/80, Modified Time, Part-time), 401(k), Retirement Income Savings, Employee Discounts, Performance Sharing, Educational Assistance, Continuous Learning and much more.
US Citizenship is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance within one year of start date.
- 14 yrs of relevant experience
- Experience managing design and construction of military facilities and/or heavy technology data centers and civil infrastructure to support technology related equipment and systems
- P&L responsibilities with proven financial and operational leadership
- Extensive experience in successful bid strategies and business capture
- Ability to interface with and present to Raytheon and Customer senior management (at CEO level)
- Experience delivering construction projects on time, on budget and with quality
- Knowledge of project management cost and scheduling techniques (ie: Microsoft Project, Primavera or other related Software) and/or multi-discipline Architecture & Engineering and construction processes
- Experience in subcontracts management and construction claims avoidance, and contract negotiations
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations
- Ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance
- US Citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM
- 10 yrs of International experience developing design and construction projects possessing a working knowledge of the customs cultures and international resources to be effective
- Previous experience in the design, deployment and installation of complex electronic systems(radars, security systems, command and control facilities, data centers, or related)
- Experience in Department of Defense Contracting including Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Knowledgeable and experienced in material finance management (including EVMS and material budgeting and EAC process)
- Command of the Arabic language
- Experience with international pursuits
- Professional Certifications in Six Sigma, CM, professional engineering, and/or program management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or CM
- Master’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or CM
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Contracts, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, General Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, All, Contracts and Supply Chain
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.raytheon.com/job/-/-/4679/6561145 →