The Verity Group
Our client is growing and in need of a cleared Systems Administrator in support of their corporate IT systems in Arlington, VA. This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your talent to a growing, thriving analytics services and systems engineering company who supports US Government and commercial customers. They have office locations in Burlington, MA and Arlington, VA. The right person in this position has a fantastic opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the company and their employees. We are looking for someone who is flexible, creative, self-motivated, detailed and collaborative.
A successful candidate in this position will be driven by technical challenges, enjoy interacting with end users by phone, email, IM and/or in person, and have an inherent commitment to high standards and quality in configured solutions. They will apply advanced knowledge of IA/IS concepts, practices, and procedures. The candidate will provide all touch labor and maintenance (software / hardware / configuration management, etc.) for servers, networked printers, MS Active Directory administration, and SEP using independent judgment for resolution of problems with limited supervision.
Our client is looking for someone who can do the following:
- Administer and manage Active Directory, Group Policy, GPO creation, etc.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs PC computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals
- Analyze system and network performance for potential security problems
- Evaluate potential IA security risks and develop appropriate corrective and recovery actions
- Configure, optimize, and test network servers, routers, switches, and other computing appliances
- Recommend and implement approved security policies, procedures, and technical requirements
- Analyze patterns of non-compliance and take appropriate administrative or programmatic actions to minimize security risks and insider threats; manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment
Required Skills & Experience:
If you can accomplish the above, you’ve got what it takes. For the current opening, the ideal candidate has:
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance; no exceptions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS in a server 2008/2012 mixed environment
- Experience administering and configuring MS Hyper-V services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent.
- 3 years of sys admin experience, with a track record of progressive growth within the IT field, i.e. Helpdesk, desktop support experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of variables in situations with limited information
- Excellent English communication, written and prioritization skills.
- Highly developed research, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Attentive to detail; able to document problems and solutions.
Our client offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and profit-sharing, ESOP, incentive bonuses, and a generous educational reimbursement program. EOE/Veterans/ Disabled.
JBICCONX ICFreeJob ICJBMeta